Digital Marketing- The Era of Internet
Marketing is yet another synonym for promoting or advertising some brand or product. This can be achieved using various communication networks. Marketing came to light in the 19th century, or maybe the 20th century when companies were only beginning to grow, and communication networks were only in the process of growth. It began with the newspaper as the key medium has now been completely taken over by internet which we term as Digital Marketing.
History of Digital Marketing
It emerged in 1990 along with the emergence of WWW and has since then had completely taken over the marketing world and changed its face. With the arrival of the 2000s, people began to be more friendly with the internet and its tools. With the development of social media websites and applications, people increased more towards the internet. This made it simpler, more reliable and easier to access. The development of androids and iPhones was an interesting benefit to it. Androids and iPhones became a friendly interface between e-commerce and the users.
Types of Digital Marketing
With how large the internet is, digital marketing has no limit to the promotional possibilities. Given below are some commonly used and widely famous types of digital marketing:
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization means optimizing your website to rank higher on the internet. This results in more traffic on your website and its presence on the internet.
- Blog Marketing: Another widely used form of marketing includes writing blogs to promote a specific brand or its product and increasing organic traffic on it using SEO.
- E-mail Marketing: It includes sending e-brochures and promotional messages to different people around the globe and thus making them know about the new product in the market.
- Social Media Marketing: Given how largely people are using social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube etc., this is for sure the future of marketing. An aspect of it is influencer marketing. Brands directly approach an influencer and pay them to promote their product on their social media accounts.
- PPC: Pay per click as the name suggests payment will be made according to the clicks on the ads on the internet. Google ads is thus a good example of it.
It is extremely exciting to witness how the emergence of the internet has completely changed the face and fate of marketing. It also has opened gates for a new carrier opportunity. Watching it how it is the future, no business can afford to lose its web presence. Using a few offline tacts would still not harm but only increase its reach. So, anyhow to be a good marketer, be a digital and a non-digital marketer both.